Senior Sales Account Manager
Reports to the Director of National Accounts (DNA)
This is a senior-level sales position, preferably based in Nashville, TN (open to other locations depending on culture fit and experience). 5+ years of Meeting and Event / Hospitality experience required with proven track record of success. The Sr. SAM will work under the DNA and drive daily sales and marking efforts. The Sr. SAM will also need to travel to support the program operations team as needed. Must be able to travel 30%-40% of the time.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; develop relationships and pursue new clients that require event transportation, airport transfers, meeting and convention shuttles. Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships. Grow opportunities by preparing proposals and designing innovative solutions for client transportation needs. The territory is North America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks out new meeting and event transportation decision makers by networking and cold calling. Makes a constant effort to find new business. Compiles and maintains list of prospective sales leads.
- Sells transportation services to businesses that match company profile.
- Sets up weekly meetings with client decision makers making phone, email and personal sales calls.
- Increases company revenue by turning prospects into new business and closes deals for the company.
- Builds business relationships with new clients and enhances existing client relationships.
- Establishes a robust pipeline of business opportunities for STS.
- Attends industry networking events, such as association meetings, civic organizational functions and business to business conferences.
- Prepares sales collateral, prepares persuasive sales presentations for face-to-face meetings as required. Provides innovative solutions and competitive pricing proposals for client programs that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of STS services.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to the Director of National Accounts.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Works to turn Las Vegas business into potential new business for STS in other cities.
- Represents STS at strategic meetings and client site visits.
- Collaborates with the leadership team, finance, logistics and other STS support teams to ensure programs are successfully implemented.
- Resolves client and customer complaints ensuring that appropriate changes have been made to resolve the problem.
- Able to work independently in a self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Highly motivated and target driven.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent selling and negotiating skills.
- Track record of over achieving in the area of sales and customer service.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listener.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamic & Salesforce CRM systems and practices.
- Proficient on all Microsoft software products including Office 365, Excel, Sharepoint, Onenote and Word.