Business Development Manager
Reports to the Director of National Accounts (DNA)
This is an entry-level sales position based in Nashville, TN. Some sales experience required. Meeting and Event / Hospitality industry experience preferred but not required. The BDM will work under the DNA and assist in daily sales and marking efforts. The BDM will also need to travel to support the program operations team as needed. Must be able to travel 25%-35% of the time.
The BDM primary job function will be to develop new relationships and pursue new clients that require event transportation, airport transfers, park and ride services, meeting and convention shuttles. The BDM is responsible for designing innovative solutions for client transportation needs. The territory is nationwide, however, the focus will be on acquiring new opportunities in Nashville and growing those accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks out new meeting and event transportation decision makers by networking and cold calling. Makes a constant effort to find new business. Compiles and maintains list of prospective sales leads.
- Sells transportation services to Nashville businesses that match company profile
- Sets up weekly meetings with client decision makers making phone, email and personal sales calls.
- Increases company revenue by turning prospects into new business and closes deals for the company.
- Builds business relationships with new clients and enhances existing client relationships.
- Establishes a robust pipeline of business opportunities for STS
- Attends industry networking events, such as association meetings, civic organizational functions and business to business conferences. Collects and contacts the leads generated by the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation and other membership CVBs.
- Prepares sales collateral, prepares persuasive sales presentations for face-to-face meetings as required. Provides innovative solutions and competitive pricing proposals for client programs that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of STS services.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to the Director of National Accounts.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Works to turn Nashville business into potential new business for STS in other cities.
- Assists the program management team on-site and oversees the client management of Nashville transportation programs sold by the BDM.
- Collaborates with the leadership, finance, logistics and other STS support teams to ensure programs are successfully implemented.
- Able to work independently in a self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Highly motivated and target driven.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent selling and negotiating skills.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listener.
- Proficient on all Microsoft software products including Office 365, Excel, Sharepoint, and Word.